In order to enhance your smile, you should always take the necessary steps to eradicate any symptoms of dental erosion or plaque buildup. Acids in your mouth constantly wear away your tooth enamel, so it is important to make sure you’re cleaning out your mouth as much as possible. This includes removing any debris that is stuck between your teeth with an interdental cleaner such as dental floss. Here are some tips to remember:
– If you are to use traditional threaded floss, make sure it is shred-resistant. Single filament thread is known to be shred resistant and can easily last an entire flossing session.
– Never use the same section of a thread more than once and never use the same thread for more than one session. This is extremely important to remember to prevent contamination from occurring.
– To help keep your smile safe, always make sure you are cleaning between every single tooth and even behind the back row.
– If you are struggling with traditional dental floss, try using an alternative interdental cleaning tool such as a water flosser. Water flossers use beams of water instead of thread.
– To effectively hold your dental floss so it can clean between each tooth, wrap each end of a thread around a finger on each hand. Move up and down the thread as needed, making sure to never use the same section more than once.
Are you in need of a dentist in Fort Worth, Texas? Dr. Ray Snider at Lake Country Dental wants to make sure your smile remains safe. If you have any oral health issues, please get in touch with our dentist office by calling us at (817) 236-8771.